Tuesday, December 23, 2008

All I really want for Christmas is....

A teenager (TJ) asked me Sunday what I wanted for Christmas. I sounded like my grandma when I said "I just want all my children back at home for the holiday." But that is truly my wish for Christmas--and I will have it for Christmas eve!! Upon further reflection I also REALLY want a fireplace and a true wood fire to curl up beside late on Christmas day. That one will have to wait!!! Christmas is truly about those we love...but a gal can dream!!!! Love to you all! Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

Hall Family said...

I think that is a worthy request you are making!

My mom always use to say she just wanted everyone to get along for just one day. We would blow that gift idea off immediately, and ask her again, NO, seriously, what do you really want for Christmas?

Needless to say, I am sounding more and more like my mother these days. Without thinking, when my kiddos asked what I wanted, I said the same thing I remembered my mom saying. Funny, I received the exact same response my sister and I gave my mother. No, seriously, what do you really want for Christmas?!?

I now wonder, is it just to much to ask? LOL!

Gaylin,
I did want to thank you, for your encouragement throughout my miscarriage. You have helped me more than you will ever know.
I hope you have a very Merry Christmas! Love ya bunches!-Mandy

Mischia said...

I have a real fireplace and several couches! Come and sit a spell.

I'm Just Sayin said...

You were ABSOLUTELY GLOWING at church with all of your family in. We talked about how we are so happy that you got your Christmas wish!