Thursday, January 1, 2009

A New Year, not a totally clean slate

Reflecting on 2008 I see many blessings and opportunities I had to grow spiritually. Some lessons I have had to relearn, recycle, review; God takes me through remediation with Him often. There are spiritual truths that I can quickly state--but struggle to live out. This year gives me a new year to live out my faith--but it's never a clean slate; there's too much I have already learned!

I want to brag on my hubby Tim, because one of the great reminders about my priorities came through my husband's unselfish action at Christmas. He asked everyone in our family to invest the money that would usually buy him a gift into helping someone else or donating to a worthy cause. Because of that here's how the world is a better place: donations were given to a ministry to the homeless in Charlotte, NC; money was given to TOMS SHOES helping provide shoes to people in third world countries; a gift given to support the International Justice Mission that rescues victims of violent opression around the world; a gift to aid in the providing of fresh water in Africa; and two gifts to ministry in Kenya. One person's unselfish act can make a difference! This year I want to be that kind of unselfish person! THANKS TS

2 comments:

cathy hudler said...

Kudos for your hubbie!!

Hall Family said...

That is awesome!

I want to be unselfish too. This year we are starting 2009 off right, by putting GOD first in everything we do, and I know the end result will be awesome to look back at in a year!

Love Ya BUNCHES!-Mandy