Monday, April 6, 2009

Easter reflection and invitation

Easter is always a holy day for me. Resurrection is a keystone of my faith. The message of easter is true year-round, but to celebrate Easter is to reflect on how my faith is a story of my relationship with someone who is alive. I don't follow a historical figure--I have a growing spiritual journey with a God who understands what it means to be human, and is alive to walk with me every day I live!!!

Every year at Easter that truth is magnified again for me. And I don't want the resurrection truth to just be a one day event, so I look forward to it --- for weeks! To think about Christ's sufferings for humankind, his betrayal, his love and forgiveness poured out for those who beat and humiliated him causes wonder in my heart. I have heard it every year, yet I hear it as new again.

Easter is about losing life to find life; offering forgiveness for the undeserving; going through death as the doorway to new life. Easter is faith, hope and love. What words do you use to describe what Easter means in your life?

1 comment:

Hall Family said...

Great Post! I love your updated blog look! Love Ya Bunches!!