Friday, June 10, 2011

A Sharpened Perspective from a traumatized Brain

two months ago today many things in my life changed.  I am grateful to God that my life was built on a rock, a fortress that NEVER changes--Jesus Christ.
tim and I are so grateful for the support and love of our church family and friends over the last two months.  You stood in the gap to pray while I was unconscious  and prayed for strength for Tim and our sons.  Through God's mercy even with a bleeding anuerysm and two more discovered, I never had a stroke. Thus my recovery at home over the past five weeks has been from brain trauma and difficulties from 3weeks of being immobile in Intensive Care at Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center.  50,000 people die in the US every year from  traumatic brain injury so I have a new thankfulness for awakening to each new day.  

One of our verses from our church's summer session scriptures this week spoke anew to me. Matthew 6:34. "Therefore do not be anxious for tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of it's own."
We need your prayers for wisdom as we consult with the neurological team at Baptist next week to assess my progress.  I appreciate so many simple things that we easily take for granted:  a hot shower, walking, driving, eating.   There may be things I will never be able to do again-- but the things that really matter, I have not lost. my previous post wondered about this year. God is still on the throne!

 A grateful  gaylin

1 comment:

Mischia said...

So glad the Father left you with us for awhile. We are continuing to pray for your healing.

Love,
Mischia